35mm lenses are popular for good reason, as they offer a versatile focal length that is neutral enough for a variety of applications, including portraits, street photography, events, astrophotography, and more. The Viltrox 35mm f/1.8 AF is one of the more affordable options out there, but it still offers a range of great features. This excellent video review takes a look at the lens and the sort of performance and image quality you can expect from it in practice.
Coming to you from Alex Barrera, this great video review takes a look at the Viltrox 35mm f/1.8 AF lens. At $379, the 35mm f/1.8 AF is very budget-friendly, though Viltrox still gave it a lot of worthwhile features, including:
- 10 elements in eight groups
- Two extra-low dispersion elements and two high-transparency elements for reduced chromatic aberrations and increased clarity
- Two aspherical elements for reduced distortion and increased sharpness
- HD nano multi-layer coating for reduced flares and ghosting and deeper contrast
- STM autofocus motor with full-time manual focus override
- Nine-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
Altogether, the 35mm f/1.8 AF looks like a decent lens for photographers and filmmakers who do not want to splash out a lot of money on a top-shelf option. Check out the video above for Barrera’s full thoughts.