At just two inches long and 4.6 ounces (130 g) in weight, the Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 9mm f/1.7 ASPH. lens is ridiculously portable, making it a great wide angle option for Micro Four Thirds photographers and filmmakers. If you are looking for a wide angle lens with a wide aperture for your kit, check out this awesome video review that takes a look at the sort of performance and image quality you can expect from it in practice.
Coming to you from DPReview TV, this great video review takes a look at the Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 9mm f/1.7 ASPH. lens. At $498, the 9mm f/1.7 is a relatively affordable lens, though it still comes with a range of useful features, including:
- Two aspherical elements for reduced spherical aberrations and increased sharpness
- Two extra-low dispersion elements and one ultra-high refractive index element for reduced chromatic aberrations and increased sharpness
- Quiet autofocus and reduced focus breathing for video work
- Micro-step aperture control for smooth exposure changes for video work
- Minimum focusing distance of 3.7 inches for maximum magnification of 0.25x
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
- Rugged construction for working in inclement environments
Check out the video above for the full rundown.